Monday, July 13, 2015

Hazard Communication - On the job Tool Box Talks

Download the RMA Sign In Sheet. DOC Format
 

Download the RMA Sign In Sheet. PDF Format
 
 
View the full article.


 Know the Hazard Communication Standard
For one out of every four workers, contact with hazardous chemicals happens every day. It’s important that you know and understand OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard. This standard is also commonly known as “HazCom” or the “Right to Know” law.

What Does the Standard Do?
• The HazCom standard is designed to make your worksite safer.
• The standard says that you have a right to know what chemicals you are, or may be, exposed to.
• The standard requires that all chemicals at your worksite be fully evaluated for possible physical or health hazards.
• It mandates that all information relating to these hazards be made available to you.
• Employers must develop a written HazCom program and explain it to employees.
• Employees must be trained to understand the chemicals they work with and how to protect themselves from dangers associated with each chemical.
• All chemicals must be marked with warning labels.
• A material safety data sheet (MSDS) on each chemical must be made available to you.

How Well Is HazCom Working for You?
• I know where the MSDSs are for every chemical I use, and I can consult them at any time.
• I know how to read chemical warning labels.
• If I don’t understand something on an MSDS or chemical warning label, I know where to go for help.
• I have the necessary personal protective equipment available to work with hazardous chemicals.
• I feel confident that my employer and coworkers and I are taking every precaution to ensure the safety and health of all involved.

This information is provided by: Assurance Agency


###

No comments:

Post a Comment